When I started eating gluten free it was pretty hard, but it's getting a lot easier. Over the last two years it has become a lot more common for restaurants to have gluten free menus. Going out to eat just requires a little bit of research in advance.
Even though gluten free menus have become more common, the restaurant staff isn't always property trained on how to keep meals gluten free and it can be really frustrating. There have been a lot of times that I have gone out and ordered off the gluten free menu and my food has come back to the table with a slice of bread on it.
I'm curious how you made the transition to gluten free? Do you find it is difficult to eat out?
ReplyDeleteWhen I started eating gluten free it was pretty hard, but it's getting a lot easier. Over the last two years it has become a lot more common for restaurants to have gluten free menus. Going out to eat just requires a little bit of research in advance.
ReplyDeleteEven though gluten free menus have become more common, the restaurant staff isn't always property trained on how to keep meals gluten free and it can be really frustrating. There have been a lot of times that I have gone out and ordered off the gluten free menu and my food has come back to the table with a slice of bread on it.